Citizens Advice Logo

Universal Credit Help to Claim Line:

Closed (Saturday & Sunday)


Closed (Saturday & Sunday)

Access for people who are deaf or have hearing loss

We provide an advice service for people who are deaf or have hearing loss and live in Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales, Erewash and High Peak.

One of the most convenient ways to access our service is via webchat.

If you can’t hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say using Relay UK.

Relay UK: 18001 then 0808 278 7954

Our Adviceline is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm (except Bank Holidays).
You can use Relay UK with an app or a textphone. There’s no extra charge to use it. Find out how to use Relay UK on the Relay UK website.
Relay UK

If you would prefer, please use this form to contact us.

Specialist support is available throughout Derbyshire for deaf and hearing-impaired people. For more information see Derbyshire County Council’s website.

If you’re looking for advice about benefits including Universal Credit, you might find these BSL videos provided by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) helpful.

Was this page helpful? Let us know!